United We Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE RANT [POST WEST BROMWICH ALBION MATCH]

5 posters

Go down

THE RANT [POST WEST BROMWICH ALBION MATCH] Empty THE RANT [POST WEST BROMWICH ALBION MATCH]

Post by Oom_Sapi Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:53 am

You know, four seasons ago, Nani and Anderson was brought in the aftermath of an unexpected 2006-2007 championship season. I was excited. I think at that time I jumped around at 5 am in the morning when the news broke up to me.

United squad were looking great, even Sir Alex himself admitted that those were probably the best squad he's ever had. Ronaldo was on the pinnacle of his career, Rooney was willing to move aside and playing a bit role for Ronaldo, Tevez coming in nicely and scored important goals while showing some potential in forming a great partnership with Rooney, Anderson and Nani fitted in quite nicely as young players, looking very much ready to take over from Giggsy and Scholesy when they are done in the future. We had Fabio and Rafael coming up to the rooster the next season after that, while Pique and J. Evans looked ready to share defensive duties with Rio and Vidic. I don't have any explanation as to how this happened really, the best I could came up with was went with Phil Jackson's statement regarding the 1996 Bulls' team : GESTALT.

SO WHERE THE FUCK HAVE THEY GONE WRONG?

The only problem with that 2007-08 team in my opinion was that they were too reliant on counter attacks, as much as it was a great weapon, against opponents who park their busses in front of the goals, we were finding it hard to find a breakthrough. I think we pretty much agree that we need another dimension in attack where we should be able to control the speed of gameplay a la Barcelona and get a striker who has aerial pedigree and predatorial instinct a la RvN who doesn't mind becoming the 4th option after Ronnie, Wayne, and Carlos. In short, we needed another Ole.

And I didn't believe one bit that the solution would be presented in a 6 time Bulgarian Player of The Year who is lazy as fuck called Dimitar Berbatov. I still don't, though, even after what some would say "miraculous" hattrick against Liverpool. When Johan Cruyff said that "Football is a simple game. It’s just very hard to play it simple" Berbatov said "But sometimes the difficult pass, the pass no-one else can see, when you make it happen, it is more important than scoring the goal". I know where I would put my money on, and it's nowhere near Danube.

United has already made three slips this season after getting themselves a two goal cushion. Fulham, Everton, West Brom. And there's a saying, "Even a donkey won't fall in the same hole twice". You tell me...

I do not believe one bit that we bought Berbatov for his exploit to become fruitful after two seasons full of crap with us, anyone who tells me otherwise can go fuck a horse ass.

No, I'm not saying that he's to blame for the undone of the great squad I've mentioned above. It is Sir Alex's fault, and please, when I say this, it isn't a heresy, if you want heresy, go fuck a horse ass . I just felt that had we got a proper striker who realizes that being in front and scoring goals is his job, we wouldn't have to keep Tevez at bay and forced him out of the club. We would be able to play Rooney in his best position, which is, operating behind a main striker [and don't you dare a bit to believe a thing he said about his favorite position playing as a main striker, he does enjoy playing as a lone striker because when Dimi Berbatov plays alongside him it will only make things go difficult for him, that's the truth behind that statement]. We would be able to nurture Anderson's talent as an attacking midfielder who supplies the ball to the strikers instead of praising a striker who emphasize on topping the assist chart rather than goalscoring chart. [Well, okay, the thing about Anderson is a bit far-fetched, he's too fat to be honest, what a waste of talent]

This season, our defence fucked up big time. And although Jonny Evans would always seems to be the scapegoat, the match against West Bromwich proved that it wasn't entirely his fault. The truth, our problem is we were too reliant on Wayne last season that we didn't have another game plan when he fucked up. And he did fucked up after that Munich game. And ask yourselves, why the fuck a team that boasted Ronaldo, Tevez, and Rooney in the previous season had to be so reliant on a single Wayne Rooney the season after? Wasn't there a genius within our squad who is supposedly on the same class as Ronaldinho, Kaka, etc.? Yeah, right Lucio, GTFO!

Believing Darrent Fletcher as the next Roy Keane was also fucking retarded. Our midfield was so poor this season and Fletch can do nothing about it. Media heaped praises to Scholesy after only two/three matches. Good lord, I always thought that if a player his age was the brightest in too many games, it's always an alarming situation rather than a welcoming one.

Berbatov, he may well came up good this season. No doubt at all, he's been our best striker and probably our 2nd best player after Nani this season. But Rooney is still, to borrow an American terms, your franchise player. United will go as far as he can carry this team, unless Sir Alex decided it's time to move on and cash in on England's golden boy and rebuild another squad. If that squad will deploy Berbatov as their best player, I'm afraid it's gonna be a long walk for us until we can claim glory in Europe again, let alone England. I know I won't be around for sometimes when that happens and you can call me glory hunter as you like, I don't care.

RANT OVER. phew...

Last edited by Oom_Sapi on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

THE RANT [POST WEST BROMWICH ALBION MATCH] Empty Re: THE RANT [POST WEST BROMWICH ALBION MATCH]

Post by butongpai Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Nyaem nyaem
butongpai
butongpai
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

THE RANT [POST WEST BROMWICH ALBION MATCH] Empty Re: THE RANT [POST WEST BROMWICH ALBION MATCH]

Post by Oom_Sapi Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:42 pm

butongpai wrote:Nyaem nyaem
E'ek Tamil

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by gelvando Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:12 pm

How long did you keep this man?
no wonder you are getting bigger...

now, how much weight did you lose?
gelvando
gelvando
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Smith Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Are United Really On The Wayne?

Posted 18/10/10 11:01

So it's bye-bye Wayne, is it? If so, it may well suit all parties. Rooney's possible reasons for moving have been well-documented in recent days, less so United's urgent need to move him on.

David Gill can put all manner of spin on the recent accounts figures but actions speak louder than words and frankly, if Sir Alex Ferguson had the mooted £160million to spend on players, he would have spent a sizeable chunk of it already because - to this impartial observer at least - it looks like the quality is steadily draining away from United and it is simply not being addressed.

The squad looks messy and incoherent. When Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are not available or not on form - and their age means this is more and more - there is no-one of similar or comparable quality to come in. Nani and Dimitar Berbatov can both be stellar players, but you wouldn't want to rely on either being so week in, week out.

Ferguson has talked about promoting from within the club's reserves, but is this really happening? Federico Macheda has been given opportunities but at the moment looks well short of the quality needed, which is why he;s not an automatic starter. Danny Welbeck was previously talked about in very positive terms but has been farmed out on a season-long loan; he's not good enough, right now. Other previously promising youth players, Ritchie DeLaet and Tom Cleverley, are also out on loan, both also not good enough right now. Where has all the quality gone?

The signing of Michael Owen seems weirder by the day. He's clearly not really wanted and though the goal poaching instincts may remain, Ferguson clearly doesn't see him as anything other than a bit-part player; a move in January wouldn't be surprising.

Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic are still a great pairing but only if they can get on the field at the same time, which has proved hard to do in the last year. Chris Smalling may turn into a top defender but it's by no means certain and choosing Jonny Evans over Gerard Pique looks a spectacular misjudgement. Should a club of United's stature be relying on John O'Shea as a defender? His faith in Michael Carrick seems, at the very least, shaky and Anderson blows hot and cold. A fit Owen Hargreaves is desperately needed, but will that ever happen?

The twins at full-back have potential but that's all it is right now. The keeper is 40 and can't go on much longer. Darron Gibson is not the new Scholes because if he was, Scholes wouldn't consistently get picked ahead of him. All players who are okay, on their day very good, but too often not top class. Even Scholes, though still capable of brilliance, is also capable of fading and being over-run later in a game.

Ferguson's talk of finding value in the market would all be fine and dandy if results were good and the squad wasn't crying out for much, much more quality and depth; the sort of quality and depth that £160million could buy. It's not as though players have not been available, but they have all gone elsewhere, surely not because they didn't fancy United but because United couldn't or wouldn't pay the money required. How much stronger would that midfield be for the inclusion of Wesley Sneijder and Rafael Van Der Vaart? The two Dutchman's fees have added up to less than £20million.

Ferguson is one of the most astute men in football and it simply isn't credible to think that he doesn't see the weaknesses in his side and has simply rejected opportunities to buy such reasonably-priced top-notch players. It is surely much more credible to think he is unable to do so unless he raises more funds. Which is where Rooney comes in.

Ferguson will have looked at Rooney for months now and could be forgiven for wondering if the player is burning out before our eyes. If he could spend the 50 million raised by his sale on new players, the degree to which the squad would be improved would effortlessly outweigh Rooney's loss.

For political reasons Ferguson will be happy to have it seen as Rooney who is agitating for a move, so he can't be accused of selling off the family silver. But if money is an issue and the evidence suggests strongly that it is, selling Wayne makes a lot of sense.

But it is still a policy fraught with difficulties for the United boss. Will he actually get Rooney's money to spend or will it go towards servicing the club's huge debt? If he does get the money, who can they buy in January, a time of inflated prices and limited supply? It's no time to rebuild a squad. And by January, they may well be out of contention in the league; dropping ten points from the first eight games isn't fatal but their performances have been slapdash and inconsistent.

Something is palpably not right about United in 2010. If they were so wealthy, they would have bossed the transfer market in the summer as they have in the past. It is impossible not to conclude that they are hampered by the need to service that £790million debt and that restriction is finally telling on the pitch this season.

If so, Ferguson knows it needs addressing before a spiral of decline sets in. He's been lucky that Liverpool are so poor this season but Spurs are playing better football and have more strength in depth than United. If Arsenal can ever get some players fit they are certainly no worse than United. This must be in the manager's mind. City and Chelsea look away and gone, and both are capable of adding to their squads if needed.

It is far from impossible that if Manchester United do not address the decline in player quality and depth, that they could finish outside the top four this season and who knows where that would take them financially?

Ferguson's strength has been his vision and an ability to move players on and rebuild at the right time but not even his or United's biggest fans can feel certain that this is now the case. It's not yet a crisis but it's not hard to see how it could very quickly become one.

History may yet see the sale of Rooney as being a marker of a sea change in English football which sees United's pre-eminence on the wane, or indeed, on the Wayne.
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Smith Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:06 pm

On a somewhat related note :

We are gonna be a selling club in the next 5-10 years.

Buy/loot/pillage/hijack/etc/etc youth from EU or other place, train, develop, sell.

Why do you think we're always buying youths instead of established player ?

I'm betting Nani, Ando, Bebe, Chicharito etc etc wouldn't last another 5 seasons with us. They will all be sold within 5 years. Anyone wanna bet against me ?

We made stars, we dont buy them ? <-- Pure Bull Crap :p

Club Target = playing in Europe. Champions League is better, wouldn't say no to Europa League.

Winning the league ? Couldnt see it really. Just to be in top 6 is good enough for the club, as long as we can fill OT, we can get some sponsorship deals, we can get TV $, we can get Europe $. All is good. The main thing is to pay the debts :p

I kinda agree with Sapi on something, cant really see the reason paying 30Mill for Berbs, when the $ can be used to get Tevez permanently.

Dippers ? We're gonna be it soon.

Take note, you read all about it here first :p

-Doom & Gloom Rant-
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Oom_Sapi Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 am

Well, playing in Europa League would see us to our death really. With our current debt, the structure of those debt repayment was based on us reaching at least the quarter final of Champions League year in year out [correct me if i'm wrong].

On a side note, those who wants to see the Glazers out by not attending matches etc., you probably get what you wish for, without Rooney the club will loose its global appeal, not thoroughly but it sure will be affected.

I don't want to bet against Sir Alex Ferguson. He's been there, done that, but if everything that has happened in recent years told us... it is going to be really hard for United to make up for the losing of Wayne Rooney.

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Smith Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Old Man's Dreams Up In Smoke
You got to have sympathies for the Red Nose. I recall someone from Football365 (Winterburn?) in 2007 or 2008 once observed that when AF bought Nani and Anderson to complement Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo, the Utd team was set up for life and only minor tweaks were needed from then on.
That was probably what AF thought too. Just a few years down the road, l that is going to be left for United are an ok-looking Nani, a Brazilian who looks occasionally interesting against Arsenal, a truckload of youngsters who look suspect beyond the League Cup, and some homeless chap they bought for seven million pounds. Without seeing him play.
AF is probably wondering what the hell went wrong over the years.
Bob Taylor, London
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Back to top Go down

Post by nonick 21 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Dude, we're in a deep shit. a huge shit..

Dan sampe saat ini, seperti yg pernah gw omongin di kaskus, SAF adalah aktor utama yg harus bertanggung jawab atas kemunduran prestasi Man. United.

Gw setuju kalo Glazer juga harus bertanggung jawab atas prestasi Man united, tapi bukan berarti SAF juga luput dari kesalahan! Masih inget setelah United juara champion 1999, butuh berapa lama bwat Sir alex sebelum membawa United juara Champions league lagi?? 10 tahun!!

And definitely, that will happens starting right now. Cuma bedanya di taon 1999 SAF masih punya waktu untuk menebus kesalahan, taon ini sebaliknya.
nonick 21
nonick 21
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by nonick 21 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Loosing Rooney will give a huge effect to United. When u saw fergie face on that last press conference, U'll realized that something had gone wrong on this club.

Typical fergie, he wouldn't tell any bad news to media, but the fact United is in serious trouble. United sinks in huge debt, remember that. the best way to keep this club running in a good track is to keep our best player. And that include wayne Rooney (& should be tevez).

we are in a deep shit!! really a deep shit..
nonick 21
nonick 21
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Smith Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Another rant. @ HT vs Villa.

We need someone who can give a spark to our team. Someone who can make a difference. Someone who can rally team to create chances. Someone who can make something out of nothing.

Can't help thinking we're very average in this match.

Didn't look threatening in 1st half, can't really see where our goal(s) will come from in 2nd half.

Sigh.

Just hoping 2nd half will be better, hoping SAF will yell "Wake up for fuck sake !" @ team during half time..
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum