United We Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT"

4 posters

Go down

THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT" Empty THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT"

Post by Oom_Sapi Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:48 am

Football fans are fickle cunts. Try getting the "right message" to them is like fighting zombies. Being a passionate fan is admirable, leaving out ur brain at home just because you're passionate however, is not.

I do admit I was a bit shaken by Rooney's public stunt. But I can understand where he came from. That does not justify his actions though. Publicly challenging Sir Alex's statement was a mistake in the highest order, but that's just it. Media read too much into it, and Sir Alex knows full well that he can use the media to his advantage.

Watch the videos again. Tell me the difference between the interview where Sir Alex said about Rooney wanted to leave and the one after Rooney signs a new contract.

Sir Alex hit all the right buttons when he announced that Rooney wanted to leave. Talks about how he have 'nurtured' Rooney, talks about the tradition of the club, the history, how big the club is, and how the fans should TRUST MANCHESTER UNITED. And indeed the fans should've trusted Manchester United and its values. Nobody is bigger than the club, and that includes Sir Alex as well. Players come and go, so do managers.

Without having a proper information, fans reacted to that interviews of course. And the media is having a field day stirring up everything they could squeeze from that short interviews. Sir Alex accused Rooney of greedyness lah, yang itu lah yang ini lah. Lebih parah lagi setelah diterjemahkan ke bahasa Indonesia oleh orang-orang detik..com atau okezone.com atau apa lagi yang lain, yang sama sekali ngga ngerti apa itu MANCHESTER UNITED, konteksnya jadi berubah 180 derajat.

Kalo analogi gue itu, ayat-ayat kitab suci dari suatu agama saja kalau dikutip separuh-separuh tanpa konteks yang tepat bisa berarti sangat lain. Itu yang kita lihat dalam kejadian ini.

Rooney, he's not a smart bloke, never is.

But let me ask you this, the reality is that the contract negotiation is ongoing, although it's on stall. Rooney have never went public about how he thinks about his teammates, even in his response to Sir Alex pre-match interviews he only said that he asked whether the club is going to be able to attract big names in football. Which, by the way, had been asked by him and Giggsy at the end of last season - in case you forgot.

There's a saying that United do not buy stars, and we make them. That is only half true. We bought Rooney, we bought Ronaldo, we bought Ruud, Keano, Veron, Berbatov, Cole, Yorke, Robson, Pallister, Cantona. Everyone of them demands a high transfer fee, some even broke record transfer fee. Had they not ended up in United shirt, do you really think they won't make a name for themselves? Sure Gazza may not be as successfull as people would've like, Shearer may ended up having no titles with Newcastle. But are they still star players or not? United provided a more sophisticated platform for any players to be successfull but the way to be succesfull does not have to go through Manchester United way.

Ronaldo's gone. Tevez's gone. And who did we buy? Berbatov? Two seasons of nothing from him. Owen? Chicharito? Bebe? Rooney's got a point. But he never went public with this until Sir Alex interviews forced him too. What else do you expect him to say, "hey I want more money from United?". Sir Alex interviews have put him in a situation where he simply can't give you the right answer. Because it was never meant to be public. Should have not.

What you see from those interviews post-new contract signing by Rooney are made to save Sir Alex and Rooney and the club from embarassment for making things in what should be a negotiation talks that remains behind closed door went into public. See how Arsene Wenger reacted to that, he said,"What happened with Rooney happens to every club, every year, plenty of times."

We, fans, have been used by Sir Alex to do his job that is convincing Man Utd best player to stay on board. If you fell for his ploy, I cannot blame you; after all he fucked up Kevin Keegan's mind and even Arsene's. That's all I can say.

Last edited by Oom_Sapi on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:20 am; edited 3 times in total

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT" Empty Re: THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT"

Post by Kevin Smith Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 am

/nod

/agreed

SAF is the master of mindgames. Sumpah berasa dikadalin banget lol!

Looking back,
it's brilliant move by SAF confirming Roo wanted to move away.
Making public the contract negotiation stall is truly brilliant.

I mean,
what else can Roo do or say ?

Say that it's all a big misunderstanding ? Say that he really wanted to move for more money ? Say that he got personal issues with SAF ?

The only move he can do is to link the contract negotiation stall with personal ambitions. Even this is a risky move, will (and has) alienate fans and teammates.

If Roo decided to move away anyway, he'll be branded Judas for life, everywhere he go people will sneer at him and brand him ungrateful bastard.

The only thing left to is to make amends and stay @ United, even if just for while.

Showing respect to club = sign a new contract and give club more $ when you finally move away :p

/salute and /hatsoff to SAF
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Back to top Go down

THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT" Empty Re: THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT"

Post by gelvando Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:15 am

Well rooney should know better than going public and head to head with the master...

as suspected, Fergie is cutting corners with his statement, a step ahead of rooney's camp by rallying on Man united fans, in short making rooney "the bad guy" nice moves...

anyway, we're all glad that this "saga" ends well.....
gelvando
gelvando
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Smith Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:53 am

Lagi laper siang2 gini malah semi debat ama si Daro keparat di twitter...

Daro:

Roo tersinggung ttg perselingkuhan dipake buat nekan negosiasi kontrak. Mungkin Fergie minta maaf. RT @arik_bbr: latar kembalinya rooney?

Gw:

Ngasal banget --> RT @Darojatoen: Roo tersinggung ttg perselingkuhan dipake buat nekan negosiasi kontrak. Mungkin Fergie minta maaf.

Daro:

Menurut anda kenapa Mas? RT @rudysw: Ngasal banget --> RT @Darojatoen: Roo tersinggung ttg perselingkuhan dipake buat nekan negosiasi kontr+

Gw:

@Darojatoen SAF forced his hands. Moving away will only brand him Judas for life. SAF never mentioned his affair anywhere. Pls show me link.

Daro:

Iya, sy itu bicara opini, bkn fakta. Opini anda gimana? Orang kan nya opini dan spkulasi saya, makanya sy pake kata "mungkin". @rudysw

Gw:

@Darojatoen Daripada menjawab pertanyaan orang bukan dengan fakta, mungkin lebih baik menjawab "Saya kurang tahu" mas. Just a thought.

Gw:

@Darojatoen Mas kan termasuk sumber info di twitland, kalau menjawab dengan opini rasanya lebih tepat ada disclaimer "Opini Pribadi"

Gw:

@Darojatoen Daripada nantinya malah jadi misleading info gitu loh mas, saya bukannya mau debat, hanya ingin meluruskan saja

Cape dah gw, orang2 ngomong/nanya fakta, dia jawab opini...

THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT" 997457

Malah jadi curcol gw disini THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT" 366149

Wakakakakaka, ditambahin pula ama dia dengan senga nya:

Daro:

Oke, lain kali kalo g setuju opini saya, counter aja. G usah bilang saya ngasal. Sy punya kolega di London, Birmingham dan.m @rudysw

di Manchester, g semua hal bisa didapat di internet mas.. @rudysw
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Oom_Sapi Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Elo salah Rud, bukan ngasal itu... SOTOY lebih tepatnya...

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by smuk Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:32 am

tuh mercon loncat lg ngoceh.. THE END OF A TELENOVELA : "WAYNE ROONEY WANTS OUT" 997457
smuk
smuk
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Oom_Sapi Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:19 pm

siapa tuh mercon lonjat?

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by gelvando Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Halah itu lah org yg sok terkenal om..ignore aja, dulu sempet ikutin twitnya skrg dah ga lagi....kentut semua ngomongnya..
gelvando
gelvando
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Smith Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Dikasiin link ama Om Sapi dari CAF:

Its not that I am "pissed off with him", "forgive him", "feel hurt/resentful" or whatever. All that is bullshit anyway.

This whole episode highlights what we should have all known anyway - what we probably did all know but allowed emotion to cloud: Manchester United is a job for Wayne Rooney. The club commands fuck all loyalty and means nothing other than a vechile for getting paid and furthering his own ambitions. And the same is true of pretty much all our players. Hell, even Giggs and Scholes, probably. Who is to say their being here is anything to do with "loyalty", versus the good fortune to break through at a club that enabled them to fulfil their ambitions without having to move?

Nothing especially wrong with any of that, except we as fans feel different and constantly forget that key difference.

I spot a bit of it in the Hernandez thread as well. Suggestions and implications that he seems to really love playing for United, seems very modest, seems like a nice kid etc. It is all bollocks really. We know nothing about any of these people except their ability on the football pitch. We might as well make the most out of all the players we have and support them while they are playing but expecting anything more than that from them - projecting personalities or beliefs we wish they had onto them - will only lead to disappointment. Any of them would fuck off in an instant if it suited them to. All this hero worship of players is nonsense.
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Oom_Sapi Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 am

KENNY DALGLISH: Manchester United's players can't blame Rooney for having ambition
Last updated at 10:52 PM on 23rd October 2010
Some Manchester United players are meant to be unhappy with Wayne Rooney because he wants the club to be in the market for new signings.
The implication is that if Rooney wants new players, he doesn’t rate the ones already there. My advice to those United players is ‘Get over it’. If they think about it, they will realise what Wayne has said is no different to their own view of the world.Most United players signed for the club from somewhere else. And why did they do that? Because they wanted success and the reality is that players at their old clubs weren’t good enough to help them achieve that.
They will have dressed it up differently, of course. They will have signed for United and excitedly gone on about how they were looking forward to playing with top players at Old Trafford.
Nobody would turn around and accuse them of disrespecting the players at their old club, so why throw those accusations at Wayne now. It is double standards. Look at the current United squad.
Patrice Evra joined from Monaco, Nemanja Vidic from Spartak Moscow, Antonio Valencia from Wigan, Edwin van der Sar from Fulham, Rio Ferdinand from Leeds, Michael Carrick from Tottenham, Nani from Sporting Lisbon.
There are many others, but you take the point: these lads arrived at United to better their careers and win trophies with top players.
People might interpret what Rooney has said or done differently to that but I don’t think he has said anything beyond what all ambitious players think and want. He joined United from his boyhood club Everton for glory.
He won’t have changed since then and those players in the United dressing room will feel the same — they expect topplayers around them. The only difference is when he says it, the world takes notice.It is only because Wayne is such a great player that he has caused such a hullaballoo by saying what he did. He’ll be at the club for the next five years because Sir Alex Ferguson appreciates how good he is. And if any other United player is unhappy with that, I doubt he will be at the club as long as him.If a United player is tempted to have a go at Rooney, he might first stop to ask himself if anyone much cares what he thinks. I can imagine the reaction if some of the others knocked on Fergie’s door and said: ‘I think I want to get off here, the club is not ambitious any more.’ Fergie would probably want to open the door for some of them!As for Wayne, he won’t find it hard to quickly move on from here. People were predicting he and Cristiano Ronaldo would be at loggerheads after Ronaldo helped get Wayne sent off at the 2006 World Cup but they didn’t have any long-term problem.The on-off situation with Wayne and United has made for a dramatic week, of course, and probably showed again that it is better for everyone when these things can be conducted behind closed doors. But I have to say I wasn’t surprised with the finaloutcome. From the outset, United didn’t want to lose him and he didn’t really want to go.
It is a shame that it had to come to that brinkmanship but I always thoughtthere would be a satisfactory outcome. I couldn’t see Wayne going abroad to play and I couldn’t really see him going to Manchester City.It wasn’t about money. How could it be when he has ended up staying at United rather than go to City? If one good thing has come out of the saga, it is to end the myth that all players will go to the club that pays them the most money, as fans assume. It’s not borne out by the evidence. City have reportedly been willing to break the bank for a number of world superstars like Ronaldinho, Kaka, John Terry and Rooney.
We don’t know why they didn’t go but it shows there are people who say ‘No’ and that is great credit to them. If players are driven only by money, as is claimed, and Manchester City come in, they will sign for them. But it hasn’t happened, has it?The truth is different players are motivated by different things. Some will put money as the number one priority, others will be driven primarily by trophies. If they are, they might look and say there have been no trophies at City for 34 years.
It has got a tradition but not as much as United or Liverpool and not as much of a recent history as Chelsea. So if a player wants success, he can findoptions other than Manchester City.
Now if a player wants to find potential and a ‘project’, then City might be a bigger attraction. It is not a bad place to play football. They have a lot of ambitious and well-paid players. Some will put ambition first, some will put cash first. It is the same in every walk of life.
It might sound sentimental but there are some players who put their personal happiness above everything else. I remember Matt Le Tissier staying at Southampton for the whole of his career even though I am sure he had other more lucrative offers.
For Wayne Rooney, the most comfortable place to be for him is Manchester United. The fans will accept that without any bother once he gets back on the pitch and shows the same commitment and talent that saw him score 34 goals for United last season. His team-mates should take the hint and do the same.

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Oom_Sapi Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:23 am

A gale force gust of relief blows across our city. Rooney is staying put. Forget the iniquity between Roo’s paypacket and the nation’s crippling austerity. When you’re a die-hard Man U supporter you don’t let arguments like this blur your focus. Football fans have tunnel vision at the best of times and United supporters are probably the most doggedly devoted in the world. Loyalty is one thing. But this week’s dog and pony show also revealed something far more disturbing about being a Reds worshipper: namely the Ku Klux Klan-esque mentality of certain United disciples who, incensed by Rooney’s possible hop to Eastlands, showed themselves to be crazed fanatics. While the internet heaved with death threats, a menacing group of fans gathered outside Rooney’s Cheshire home to ‘have a little word’ with their fallen hero. Meanwhile, a respected sports commentator in a national newspaper warned in apocalyptic terms of the perilous fallout for Rooney, had he chosen to play for City, booming that the striker would have nowhere to hide. Excuse me ? Are we talking about having a paedophile or Nazi war criminal living among us? Rooney may have the morality of a tom cat, while Sir Alex’s cynical manipulation of the fans – inviting them to pressure Rooney to stay – was thoroughly irresponsible. But the grubby manoeuvres of a money-chasing soccer player do not in any way justify anarchy and kangaroo court justice by Reds supporters. Yet it did and the collateral damage of this rampant fanaticism stains all that is great and good about this city. As the country shone its spotlight on Manchester, these feral, feckless inhabitants made Gotham City look like Brigadoon. Bad enough that Manchester is constantly misrepresented in the media by oven-ready ignorance: only the other week food writer AA Gill dismissed it as a place where people eat with their mouths open, while London-centric BBC staff continue to whine about the trauma of moving ‘oop north’ next year. We Mancunians are also among the cheeriest, friendliest and hardiest people on earth. Yet the Rooney debacle has also shown that numbering among us are those who besmirch our good character in pursuit of an obsessive craze to worship at the holy altar of top flight soccer. Personally I couldn’t care less where Rooney plays. And if the FA, United and debauched premier league owners want to indulge in crass games of money-go-round then let them. It merely highlights the moral vacuity of their existence. But please, people of Manchester – whether you’re a red or a blue – we can do better than that.
Angela Epstein -excerpt from her writings in manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Oom_Sapi
Academy player
Academy player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum